Basement Waterproofing Since 1965. Made In The USA!
Preventative Do-it-yourself Basement Waterproofing Tips
Basement waterproofing always begins outside the home.
Here is a handy checklist for preventing water from entering your home:
- Slope the ground away from the outside foundation, about 1-inch per foot. Extend the slope for at least 10 feet.
- Promote good ventilation, regulated according to the weather conditions.
- Install gutters and downspouts around your home. Check gutter system for debris or clogs.
- Protect basement windows from heavy storms using metal or masonry window wells with gravel bottoms to permit drainage.
- Consider putting a dehumidifier in the basement to lower moisture levels.
- Trim heave growths of shrubbery allowing the soil to absorb more sunlight.
- Promptly repair any leaking plumbing and insulate existing water pipes.
- Use a large box fan in the basement to continuously circulate the airflow.
Questions? Call our PROs!
Family owned and operated since 1965. Made in the USA.
Formally Beaver Industries.